This course can be purchased as a whole or each section can be purchased a la carte. 20% Mediate.com discount can be applied to whole course.
The Mediation Skills Course teaches the techniques of a professional mediator… and how to apply them in the real world.
This course is 40 hours, and it is approved for 31 hours of CLE credits.
- Pursue a career in commercial mediation
- Learn the skills of dispute resolution, and develop their mediation competency
- Benefit from dispute resolution in the workplace… as well as in their personal lives
- Work in public service and learn how to “reach across the aisle” to bring together those who have opposing views
- Develop a deeper understanding of the mediation process and how it works
- We want you to learn the skills of mediation the right way… and that’s not through a textbook.
- We help you absorb the key principles of mediation by applying specific techniques in a real-world environment… by blending theory with practice.
- The course is taught around a two-party commercial mediation.
- Bruce Edwards, your instructor, breaks down the mediation process into simple stages… with commentary and lessons from experts in the field of mediation.
The Mediation Skills course includes:
- The key principles of mediation… and how to apply them
- The importance of a systematic and thorough analysis of conflict resolution
- How to design the most appropriate mediation process to fit the needs of all parties
- How to build connections, even with the most difficult parties
- The subtle art of negotiation… with consideration for the many influences of cultures and bias
- How to use communication techniques to your advantage
…and much more